Lie Theory and Representation Theory Workshop 2016
University of Cologne, August 22 - 26, 2016
Confirmed list of Speakers
- Teodor Backhaus (University of Cologne)
- Arkady Berenstein (University of Oregon)
- Yuly Billig (Carleton University)
- Matheus Brito (University of Campinas)
- Vyjayanthi Chari (University of California, Riverside)
- Michael Ehrig (University of Bonn)
- Evgeny Feigin (Higher School of Economics, Moscow)
- Stéphane Gaussent (Universite de Saint-Etienne)
- Bogdan Ion (University of Pittsburgh)
- Sergey Loktev (Higher School of Economics, Moscow)
- Olivier Mathieu (Institut Camille Jordan, Lyon)
- Volodymyr Mazorchuk (Uppsala University)
- Markus Reineke (University of Wuppertal)
- Alistair Savage (University of Ottawa)
- Bea Schumann (University of Cologne)
- Rajendran Venkatesh (Weizmann Institute)
- Oksana Yakimova (University of Jena)
Please register using the on-line registration form only.
Arrival: August 21 --- Departure: August 27
Some limited financial support is available. Funding decisions will be communicated soon.
VenueAll lectures will take place in the "Hörsaal" on the second floor of the Mathematical Institute of the University of Cologne. Refreshments during the coffee breaks will be available in room R204 of the same building and same floor. There will be an information desk near "Hörsaal".
Universität zu Köln
AccomodationWe will take care of booking a hotel room for all invited speakers. The coordinates are:
Hotel Flandrischer Hof
Flandrische Straße 3 - 11
All other participants are asked to make their own hotel reservation.
How to get to Cologne
Most European visitors will either take the train to Cologne main station ("Köln Hauptbahnhof") or arrive by air at Cologne/Bonn Airport (Code: CGN) or Düsseldorf (Code: DUS). Visitors from overseas will usually fly to Frankfurt/Main Airport (Code: FRA). From Frankfurt, there is an efficient and fast ICE train connection to Cologne. At Düsseldorf airport there is a train station from where there are frequent connections to "Köln Hauptbahnhof".
University of Cologne (UoC): Excellence Initiative
GDRI "Representation Theory" 2016-2019